Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Summer Dream



Here's my latest desktop image. I didn't take this picture, not even close. I found it on the Internet. I think I am experiencing a mid-summer crisis! I just can't stop thinking about this, my summer dream: I am on the secluded beach. I am looking out on the pale blue-green water (just like the one in this picture). All I can hear is the sound of the surf and my heartbeat--steady and relaxed. I have one of many summer reads in my beach tote. You know, the list of summer 'must-reads' that all the magazines recommend. Whenever I read those lists I think, Are there really people who lay around in the summer reading through this list of books? Can I sign up to become one? I have not had a real vacation, one where you go somewhere for at least a week and decompress, since I returned to work in 2005. I tend to spend my vacation time 2-3 days at a time on things like Awards Day at my boys' school, family weddings, family business, and to just get caught up on my life. I really do need to book a real vacation, on the beach, with a book, the sun on my face, and the sound of the surf and my heartbeat. Nice dream............ Did I mention I have a husband and two boys? My dream will have to adjust to fit the laughing, the playing, the bickering, and the demands for food, drinks, a towel, and a TV.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...