Thursday, July 28, 2011

Rockin' Moroccan

One of my very favorite shows this year is "Million Dollar Decorators" on Bravo. I am addicted! If you love interior design and peeking inside homes, hotels and hot spots this is the show for you. There was one episode where interior designer Martyn Lawrence-Bullard remade a room at the Colony Palms Hotel (photo, above) using a Moroccan-inspired theme. I loved it. It inspired me to add a bit of the exotic to my living room with some affordable accessories.




I added a beautiful ornately painted candle holder from Cost Plus World Market to my coffee table.

I gathered together all of my wood block prints and displayed them on my end table. They are like having little sculptures with a ton of history behind them. I find them in antique stores and estate sales. They are used to make dyed prints on fabric. I found these colorful pillows with beaded and embroidered details at Home Goods--a favorite store for cool and affordable home accents.









This cut-out clay lantern is from Pottery Barn. It comes in a tall version as well as this shorter one. When the candle inside is lit it puts on a light show on my ceiling. Great ambiance!





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...