Monday, July 18, 2011

Off to camp...


This last weekend I spent Saturday getting my boys packed up and ready for camp: the oldest was headed to the mountains with his Boy Scout troop, the youngest to a church camp less than an hour away. Both of them were very excited to go, and their dad and I were equally excited to see them go. On Sunday we dropped our Boy Scout off around 9am at a place where the Boy Scouts were gathering to leave. And then we had to deliver the little fella between 2 and 4 pm. to his camp in the mountains. Last night our house was so quiet! No electric guitars blaring, no raised voices over whose turn it is to choose a video game, no jokes and stories during dinner, no one to hear me yell HAS ANYONE FED THE DOGS YET? It was really nice....until bedtime. I headed down the hall and saw their empty beds and wondered what they were doing at that very moment. I know one thing for sure, they both told me they would miss the dog. The dog! My youngest son had me include in his duffle bag a picture of the dog so he wouldn't be homesick. When we got him settled into his cabin and he chose his bunk, he laid out his sleeping bag and pillow and stuck Gabby's picture underneath it. Isn't that just like a kid? We'll see if he makes it to the end of the week.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...