Friday, February 1, 2013

The LOVE Month

It is officially the 'Love' month, February. I love February for several reasons. My family celebrates multiple birthdays this month, including mine and my husband's. My niece was born on Valentine's Day--very romantic! I love amethysts - the birthstone for February, although I just realized I don't even have a single piece of amethyst jewelry. Huh....I'm gonna have to do something about that! And believe it or not, I love the chilly cold weather of February. Of course, I do live in California, with a high temp today of 68 degrees - so my definition of 'chilly cold' may be vastly different from yours. I love that February is the only month that has an extra day every four years, and it's the month for quirky themes.
Just take a look:  
  • An Affair to Remember Month
  • Canned Food Month
  • Creative Romance Month
  • Great American Pie Month
  • National Cherry Month
  • National Children’s Dental Health Month
  • National Grapefruit Month
  • National Weddings Month

  • February can be serious, too, with American Heart Month and Black History Month. And don't forget that tomorrow is Ground Hog Day (love that movie, too!), another quirky holiday to celebrate this month.

    For your inspiration, here are some objects that J'aime....
    I absolutely adore this jewel mirror.
     

    Write a super secret love note inside this easy to make origami heart - DIY instructions here.
     

    And what girl wouldn't want these beautiful paper roses to keep and display long after the day of love ends?
     

    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...