Friday, December 21, 2012

Snowflakes for Newtown Students


It's Friday afternoon, and it's my very last day of work until January 7th. I'm looking forward to a much needed break! Today we played with glitter and glue and scissors. It's been a somber week for our nation due to the Sandy Hook incident, and our company wanted to do something upbeat for the school children who have been traumatized and displaced. We learned that the Connecticut PTSA is collecting handmade snowflakes to hang at whatever school the students will attend when they return to school. What a cheerful and comforting way to welcome the children back to school! So today iLoveToCreate set up a crafty work station for all our team members to create and decorate snowflakes. With the help of this tutorial and these products, I set out to make my contribution to this most worthy cause.

I didn't want to use plain white paper that was provided so I simple cut up some of my Women's Wear Daily fashion newspapers and experimented with different cuts to see what I'd end up with. Because the paper is so thin, I spray mounted the snowflakes onto a sheet of Ink Jet transparency film and cut broadly around the snowflake shape. A hole punch on top with a festive ribbon tied through it makes hanging these snowflakes easy. Lastly, I brushed on Aleene's Tacky Glue here and there on my snowflake, and then sprinkled on lots and lots of glitter. I wrote of message of encouragement on the back of my snowflake so the children will feel our love and know that they are not alone.








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...