Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Wish List

Happy 12-12-12! Yes, it is December 12, 2012. In the world of numerology, twelve is considered the number of completeness and represents the end of one cycle and the beginning of another. December is the twelfth and final month of the year, every 12 hours day turns to night or night to day and today completes the trice-repeating dates until the next century rolls around.
 
Across cultures and religions three is considered a heavenly number and often represents the soul or Godhead, while four is the number of earth and mankind, as there are four elements (earth, air, fire and water) and four cardinal directions (north, south, east and west). The product of the divine number three and the earthly number four, 12 encompasses both the sacred and secular.
 
Speaking of 12, we are 12 days away from Christmas, and each Christmas I never know what to ask for because I really don't enjoy the commercial aspect of Christmas. My idea of the perfect Christmas is going to church on Christmas Eve, and being home on Christmas day -- surrounded by family, a fire in the fireplace, snow on the ground [never happens where I live, but I can still dream], Christmas music playing or watching my favorite movie, It's A Wonderful Life, and cooking a beautiful meal. Under my tree this year I probably won't find any of these things [for various reasons], but a girl can wish.


  
This Flask Bangle by Cynthia Rowley

 A chubby, snub-nosed pup

 A weekend in a coastal town

 This Tiara ring from Sundance to add to my stack on my left ring finger


This hammered metal coffee table from World Market

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...