Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Car Trouble

OK, so August was like the month from ****! Seriously. We have been out of town almost every weekend due to a death in the family and trying to settle family matters. :( That's not the problem. The problem is that in between trips, my PT Cruiser broke down. Twice. I think it worked for about three days in between the breakdowns. It's been in the shop a total of 8 working days. It also spent the Labor Day weekend in our driveway, undriveable, because it broke down on the way home from the repair shop on Friday. I am not kidding. That means we spent the weekend at home, too. It's not like we don't have a back up car. We do. But it's my husband's and it's almost 30-years old. It's affectionately known as 'the boat' because it is huge and heavy and currently lacks air conditioning. Did I mention the heat wave we had here in Fresno while my car was in the shop? That means I had to drive 'the boat' to work - 30-minutes facing the sun in the morning and 30-minutes facing the sun on the way home. Do you know how hard it is to be as cute as you can be when you are melting?

Last night I got my PT back. I really missed her (I think she's a girl). She has air conditioning. Did I mention we're experiencing a cooling trend right now? It's only going to be 81 degrees today. That's downright chilly compared to last week.

Anyway, maybe I'll do something nice for my PT. Pamper her a little. Dress her up now that she's back on the road. Check out these crazy car lashes. Maybe 'the boat' could us a set? Check these out...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...