Friday, September 17, 2010

Don't Worry....


I am not someone who reads horoscopes or has her palm read in hopes of gleaning details about the future. But I am always a sucker for fortune cookies! I don't like to eat them, I just like to read them. I went to Panda for lunch yesterday and at the end of my meal in the bottom of my bag was the 'prize' -- the plastic wrapped fortune cookie. I opened it up, tossed aside the cookie and read the message, YOU WILL NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT A STEADY INCOME. I stared at it as if it were true. I thought to myself, Really? I can relax and know that even though I will probably work the rest of my life, I don't have to WORRY about it? Because that is something I do worry about, especially when I am always immersed in current events and all-things-trend-related. I see what's happening in the world--good and not so good. Then I thought, Jen, it's a fortune cookie. Nothing more. But still.............wouldn't it be nice if fortune cookie messages did come true?! Do they ever?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...