Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Trend Talk: Antlers

You know how some blogs or fashion emails will send out a message saying, "Trend Alert!", followed by whatever it is they are trying to make you aware of....anyway, this is not one of those. This is more of a 'Hey, let's talk about this trendy thing I see happening...' So here I am talking about antlers. I've been noticing antlers in a peripheral kind of way for probably three years now. When I say 'noticing' I mean that they are showing up in places and in ways you wouldn't expect to see them. Here's some examples:

I was flipping through a catalog from Anthropologie and this chalk-drawn deer head on the blackboard caught my eye. I thought the blackboard as a background was fabulous, too. See more blackboard backgrounds here.Here's the always stylish Mary-Kate Olsen wearing antlers for her Marie Claire photo shoot. Could antlers be the next headband? Hair accessories are hotter than ever. Why not get nature-inspired and sport some antlers? Topshop also featured antlers as head gear in their fall runway collection.This is actress Lea Michele of 'Glee' hanging onto an antler during a photo shoot. I adore these paper deer heads by Ruby's Lounge on Etsy. Looks like all I may need to DIY something similar to this is a paper mache deer head (those are just lying around!), some chic paper and some Tulip Collage Pauge glue.
And, of course, you can't have a fringe trend without Lady Gaga's participation. The is the antler wearing Gaga in London back in December 2009.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...