Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What I make...

I get asked now and then by people who haven't been to my house, what kinds of things I paint or make as a designer. I tend to approach designing and creating art the way I approach most things in my life - with an eclectic bent. Here are three artsy things I made that make me very happy.......

Ever wonder what to do with rough fence wood after the fence has been torn down? I had a guy cut some of the planks into frames. This one I drybrushed with white acrylic paint. I then used Aleene's glue to adhere the small pieces of sea glass, shells and tiny tumbled stones and art glass around the opening of the frame. It was so easy, and I love it's recycled, organic appeal.

This little black & white shrine frame came from the Crafty Chica line of products. It was raw wood that I sanded and sealed and then painted black. I added the white painted 'swirlies' last. Then I brushed on a high-gloss sealer. The picture inside is a postcard from a local artist, Bebe Long. I love her dramatic use of color and always save the postcards she sends announcing her latest local shows. You never know when you need a little art for a little frame.
I love, love, love Alisa Burke's graffiti art, so I took an online class from her. I finally got around to finishing this 12"x30" canvas painting. Grace is my favorite word because it holds an immense amount of meaning for me. I used spray paints, acrylic paint, stencils, markers and Tulip Fashion Graffiti paint to layer words, symbols and sayings to make this urban inspiration.
There is really nothing better than being able to express one's creativity!

2 comments:

Nancy Clark said...

is your grace graffiti avaible for non-exlusive use. I am interested in using it in a logo.

Thanks,
Nancy

The Trend Spot said...

Hi Nancy, Contact me at iLoveToCreate and leave your email address so I can contact you directly. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...