Friday, May 30, 2014

Obsession: Peacock Chair


I have a new obsession... owning a vintage wicker peacock chair. I actually had one of these when I was single and LOVED it. But after we were married, we (my husband, actually) decided we should sell it in a yard sale. Somebody slap me now for letting it go! I so regret this, especially as the 70's continue to be such a strong inspiration for clothing and decor today. I keep seeing these iconic chairs on blogs and trend sites, and now I'm on a quest to find a chair similar to the one I sold. The problem is, you can find them on Ebay but the sellers won't ship them - you have to pick it up. Well, I have found several back east and in Florida, but I have no way to get it home. I am hoping to find one here in the central valley (California). Anyone have one for sale that I don't have to travel too far to retrieve? Here are some peacock chairs from my Pinterest board.

 
 

Does it get any cooler than this?
Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac
 
 
Brigitte Bardot
 

 Even hip rocker guys can be found sitting in a peacock chair.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...