Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Visibly Indivisible


adjective - not divisible; not separable into parts; incapable of being divided: one nation indivisible.

I stopped at Starbucks last night to use my laptop and order a drink when I noticed a display about creating jobs in America with a $5 donation. I asked the barista about the wristbands and the program, and he told me that starting this week every Starbucks in the U.S. has "Indivisible" wristbands available for a $5 donation, and the proceeds benefit the "Create Jobs for USA" Fund, which pools donations from Starbucks customers, employees and concerned citizens into a nationwide fund to be used for community business loans in the United States. This program, plus the "Indivisible" wristbands provide Americans an opportunity to help support job creation at a time when we have alarming unemployment and many struggling small businesses. The more we stimulate demand and increase the purchasing power of the middle class consumer, the faster we will recover.

I made the decision to be a supporter for several reasons: 1) I don't know of anyone who hasn't been effected by the economy; 2) I recognize that I am so blessed to have a job with a company that continues to weather the storm; 3) My donation is the price of a cup of coffee; 4) 100% of my donation goes to the OFN to create and sustain jobs; and 5) I feel good about wearing the wristband that reminds me to think about the needs of others.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...