Monday, August 10, 2009

Rocking the '80s, Again

I think you'd have to be in a closet not to see how great an influence the 1980's are having in fashion. Check out the back-to-school looks for 2009 from WWD. Bleached and distressed jeans, neon pops of tech color and decorated high tops are among the trends from the '80s that are popular now. It's still all about self-expression. I lived some of my teen years in the '80s. Life was all about the music, the movies and the fashion icons. I had big hair, watched MTV, wore ginormous earrings and used markers to decorated my sneakers.
We had Michael Jackson's Thriller --the look and the music, Madonna's Desperately Seeking Susan look, the Miami Vice look, preppy attire and layers of clothes, chains and bracelets.
And now I have to wonder if the sudden passing of John Hughes, the director of a string of iconic '80s teen comedies, including Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, Ferris Bueller's Day Off and The Breakfast Club, will make the decade even more popular than it is. What do you think?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...