Friday, July 24, 2009

A Day in Yosemite

Views from Glacier Point, Yosemite.
Here you can see Vernal Falls, Half Dome and El Capitan
Two Tuesday's ago I played hookie (with permission) from work so that I could take a road trip with my nieces and nephews and my family up hwy 41 to Yosemite. All these wonderful kids drove from Colorado Springs to see their grandparents and us before the oldest niece moves to Boston with her new husband in a few weeks. I was so excited to go because I haven't been to Yosemite National Park in fourteen years. And worse yet, I have never taken my two boys to see this beautiful treasure in our own backyard (sort of ). So up we went for day to see Half Dome, a half round rock that my brother actually climbed to the top of a few years ago. We saw El Capitan and Bridal Veil Falls. We saw the most exquisite view of the Yosemite Valley from Glacier Point. On the way up to Glacier Point we stopped behind two other stopped vehicles who were watching a mother bear and her cub meander up the hill into the dense forest. We ate our picnic lunch, enjoying the company of family, just breathing in the clean air with a hint of pine fragrance (hmmm, one of my favorite smells) and listening to the sound of the wind. It was a delicious day, a much-needed break in my work week.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...