These symbols of peace are sending a pop culture message. Everyone is looking for peace in a time of uncertainty and change, especially during the Christmas season. Eat a Peace cookie. Hang a PEACE ornament. Think peaceful thoughts. Here is my list of how to be at peace this holiday season:
- Be a courteous and peaceful driver, especially around the mall or during rush hour traffic. It's just as easy to give a friendly wave to someone to go in front of you as it is to shake your fist at them as they try to cut you off. Think: Peace on earth, good will toward men.
- Don't buy into all the Christmas commercialism - it's so UNpeaceful! Make new family traditions instead. We like to walk Christmas Tree Lane. What are some of your favorites?
- Focus on the reason for the season. It's not about getting. It's about giving. Give of your time if your resources are limited - maybe that means bringing cookies or a dinner to a needy neighbor.
- Focus on all you do have. At Thanksgiving and Christmas we make it a habit to say at least one thing we are thankful for before we feast on our holiday dinner.
- Have a family craft night and make your own PEACE ornaments. It's a fun way to bring a little peace to your home, and you can decorate your tree at the same time.