Monday, March 3, 2008



I am finally able to blog about my CHA (Craft & Hobby Associations) trend experience - it sounds like I had to have therapy to do so, doesn't it? Not really, I just have been so busy creating back-to-back reports on three different trend ventures that I am finally getting around to blogging about it. I arrived in Anaheim on Saturday and walked the show on Sunday and Monday. I attended two trend seminars while I was there. One of them was on forecasting trends and I am pleased to say that my company, Duncan, is already doing everything the gurus are recommending. High five! Let me tell you about one of the ongoing trends I observed at the show (keep in mind this is a craft market, not Hollywood!): Wings - still popular, still trending up. Duncan has a large pair of silver metallic iron-on wings that are a best seller at JoAnn's. I saw wings in various forms - metallic, embroidered, iron-ons, screen printed, rub-ons, stencils - throughout the show. I spotted an embroidered set on the back of a dress that a woman from France was wearing. She was kind enough to let me take a picture. Wings are spiritual, celestial, ethereal. This trend ties in with the silhouette bird on a branch trend we have seen so much of. Owls are on trend but I only saw a few companies who are hip to the owl thing. Owls were the darlings of the indie market a year ago and are still strong. Trust me, it takes a bit of time for stuff on the fringe to go mainstream. My personal favorites at the show. . . I love Heidi Swapp's (scrapbook company) new chandelier crystal accessories. I want them! I also want the new LUCKY scissors from Fiskars new line, Ink by Steph. They are edgy, tattoo-inspired with skulls on the blades. A must-have for a rebel crafter who wears angel wings on her back!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...