Friday, May 25, 2012

'WANTS' List

I changed my screen saver on my desktop. I always try to choose something that is calming. The beach always does it for me...

It's Friday morning, and I am so looking forward to enjoying this 3-day weekend. As much as I love what I do here at iLoveToCreate, I also love to spent time at home doing all the stuff I put off doing during the week. I have a list a mile long of the things I WANT to do that seem to get put on the back burner because life gets in the way. By 'life' I mean running errands, cleaning the house, making meals, doing the never-ending piles of laundry, taxiing kids, etc. You know, you live this life, too.

So I do what most of us do... I carve out little parts of my day to take care of some of the 'wants' that feed my soul and creatively inspire me. Here are some of the things on my WANTS list for the weekend:

  • Spend the evening walking around at our local Farmer's Market shopping for yummy fresh fruits and veggies that are so abundant here.
  • Straighten up my art studio so I can sit down and make some jewelry that all my friends keep asking for.
  • Ride my fabulously comfortable bike (a Townie) either in the early morning or early evening when the weather is perfect!
  • Go to the movies. My current pick would be The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
  • Look at books at Barnes & Noble. I LOVE bookstores!
  • Check out the new stuff at Nordstrom Rack
  • Sit in my rocking chair on the back patio all by myself and listen to the birds sing
  • Cook dinner from a favorite recipe
  • Make a special dessert
  • Do nothing, and not feel guilty
I'll let you know how the weekend REALLY plays out.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...