Thursday, September 22, 2011

Twenty Days


Has it seriously been 20 days since my last blog entry?! Let me tell you, I have been bizz-ee! Here's a recap:
I went to CCSA in Birmingham, Alabama, and LOVED it! Here's the view from my window at our hotel.Here's our show booth.The people I met were amazing. I had the great privilege of sharing trends with many of the attendees, and walking the show to see what people are up to in the ceramic market. Here is the Make It Take It we offered in our booth. People painted the hugely popular little monsters from the Tiny Tots Collection.













Yummies! Cookies made by an Etsy artist were giveaways in our booth.In the evenings we left the hotel to have dinner at some of the local eateries and enjoyed some really amazing food--like barbecued shrimp and grits. I had never had grits before, so it was really a treat to enjoy the southern cuisine. I would do it again in a heartbeat!


This is a dress made from broken ceramic pieces. Everyone wanted this as a display piece for their studios.As soon as I got back to California, I headed into full designer mode to create an art piece that would speak to the trends for 2012-13. I then have to use this art piece to give a trend presentation to our major clients. I always enjoy the challenge of doing this, and this time was no exception. As soon as it's photographed I will share bits of it with you.

Now that I am back at my desk I am playing catch-up with the work that got set aside so I could do all the stuff I just told you about. It's already Thursday and I am finally starting to breathe again................and I am definitely looking forward to a quiet weekend.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...