Friday, September 23, 2011

So that's how my day got started...





I woke up really early this morning - 3:45am to be exact - and could not get back to sleep. Luckily, I heard our morning newspaper hit the front door at about 4am. (Yes, I still like to read the local paper in my hands while holding a cup of coffee.) So I got up and read through it. In the Business section was a story, Target Customers Seeing Red. We all know the story about how their website crashed the day Missoni merchandise debuted at Target on September 13th. But the worst of it is that Missoni orders that were placed have either been delayed or even canceled. (Yikes!, I thought, sipping my coffee...) The article went on to say "that customers are blasting Target on websites such as Facebook and Twitter at a time when Americans worried about the economy are easily being influenced by what their friends say on social media websites." What was meant to be a cool thing for customers - having affordable access to a designer collection like Missoni - has turned out to be a hot mess for Target. Riding on the success of last year's partnership with Liberty of London, Target tried to re-create the same success with the Missoni line. But too much hype created a shopping frenzy that rivaled Black Friday madness. Fans of both Missoni and Target were left disappointed and they are still talking about it. For a business, chatter and presence on social media sites can be your very best friend, or your biggest nightmare. Gulp. Definitely something to think about...

So that's how my day got started... Glad it's Friday! Enjoy the weekend.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...