Thursday, September 4, 2008

My 'Sista'hood

Today I sat at my desk eating my lunch, going through my emails, not really taking a break when I decided I needed to let my mind wander. So I decided to see what my blogging girlfriends were up to. I don't really know all of them, although I have met some of them. They are women whose blogs I tend to frequent to get a creative infusion, or at least that was how it all started. Now I visit them because I like to check up on them, see what they've been doing. I am watching over my 'sista'hood. . . Do you do that? How can you not get 'personally' involved with the lives of these bloggers when you read about their kids going back to school, or their summer trips across the country, or the fascinating retreats they may teach and share all their creative adventures? I can only hope they like to check on me, too. It's funny, when I see some of these women teaching at art retreats or attending trade shows I feel like I should be able to give them a big hug and ask them how their families are doing. I don't usually do this because I am afraid I may come off sounding like a deranged fan. Usually I just smile to myself, thinking There's one of my girlfriends. I just added some more of my favorite blogs to my 'Favorites' list. Check them out. See if you don't want to meet them and give them a big hug, too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...