Thursday, January 2, 2014

Get rid of the crumbs to make room for the cake!

Crowds ring in the New Year in New York City's Times Square, AP Photo/John Minchillo
 
Wishing you a happy New Year!  
I've been enjoying some much-needed time with my family over the Christmas break, and that included stepping away from my computer. I thoroughly enjoyed taking mid-morning walks with my husband and dogs, watching movies with our boys, and cooking meals using my favorite recipes. Today is my first day back at work and I'm actually excited to get back on track to make 2014 a fabulous year. Do you make yearly resolutions? I don't because I know I won't keep them. Then I watched the TODAY show on the morning of New Year's eve and heard Clive Arthur and Stefanie Ziev talk about how to make 2014 a truly happy new year. I was inspired enough by their words to jot down these morsels of goodness that I actually think I could embrace:
 
Ask yourself, if this were going to be the last year of your life, what would you want to accomplish?
 
Step out of your comfort zone; life begins where your comfort zone ends.
 
When it's scary (stepping out of your comfort zone), that's when life is great!
 
Let go something old to make room for something new.
 
Be willing to get rid of the crumbs to make room for the cake, and acknowledge that you are worthy of the cake.
 
Acknowledge failure, and don't strive for perfection.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...