Friday, August 8, 2014

Hand-Painted Burberry

I love hand-painted fabric and leather, and when I saw the bag (above) by Burberry for fall 2014, I fell in love. Burberry has an entire line of hand-painted garments, shoes, and bags that are available for the artsy sort. I am not sure that I love them all - some seem to be painted a bit amateurish and in less than exciting palettes. In fact, I wish they would have just left the alligator bag in it's original state. I mean, it seems rather disrespectful to the gator who looks like he got tagged and spray painted before leaving the swamp. And now he is a bag that sells for (GULP!) $37k. No, I am not kidding!
 
 
Overall, it's a gutsy move to put paint on such expensive substrates. We sell fabric paint, and I've watched people struggle to muster up the guts to paint a t-shirt. (Why is it so scary to commit?) What do you think?


 
 






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...